Santa Barbara Beaches, Here for You to Explore!
Discover our guide to Santa Barbara Beaches.
If you come to Santa Barbara to surf, to kayak, to beachcomb, to hike or to tidepool...and the list goes on! You've come to the right place. We give you driving directions, where to park, nearby amenities and local tips on different beach activities.
Info on Santa Barbara Surf
Rincon State Beach
Beaches South of Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara beaches best point break
Carpinteria State Beach
- A safe family beach
Santa Claus Lane Beach- Walk across railroad tracks to open white sand
Padaro Beach/Loon Point- Kevin Costner lives and surfs here
- Down the path from the park and you can walk in either direction and be alone
Beaches in Santa Barbara
- Park at the end of San Ysidro Road and surf the small point break
- One of the best reef breaks between Santa Barbara and La Jolla
- Across the street from the Biltmore
- Volleyball courts. Find Santa Barbara beaches volleyball royalty work here 9 to 5pm.
Stern's Wharf /West Beach
-The "city beach" a great place to kayak
- You've seen the stand-up surfboards? This is the place
Shoreline Park Beach
- Secret spot for tidepooling
- Rocky walk, secluded and only the Coast Guard knows about this beach
- At the end of Los Positas Rd. The Brown Pelican Restaurant (on the sand) used to be the place to go
Hope Ranch Beach
- From Hendry's, long walks towards UCSB go past the Hope Ranch private sun deck
Bike Ride Along the Beach Goleta Beach
Beaches North of Santa Barbara
- Good parking next to the Goleta Pier
Campus Point Beach
- "I enrolled at UCSB for the surf"
- Walk a little, surf a lot
- Locals used to drink beer and let their dogs run until the Bacarra resort "put up a parking lot"
- "Shhhhhh," don't tell anyone about the great winter surf
El Capitan State Beach
- the "bike-in" campsite is a secret all summer long
Refugio State Beach
- A favorite scuba diving spot in the fall when the lobster are legal
- What can I say. Buy a parcel and surf the best waves in California. Ever read, Kem Nunn's book, TAPPING THE SOURCE?
- I had a friend who was a Bixsy security guard. One word, COJO
Jalama County Beach
- Hours, sometimes days waiting for a campsite- worth every minute
Vandenberg Air Base Beach
- Don't ask. Rockets launch into outspace here and civilians get in the way
Oceano State Beach
- Sand rails, crazy four-wheeling sand dune charging guys with a lot of gas money.
To return from Santa Barbara Beaches to Santa Barbara Day Trip
Click here for info on
Ventura County Beaches